[ROUNDUP] Top 5 Windows 8 Themes for Android
So, Microsoft has officially released the “Switch to Windows Phone” app to facilitate those who’d like to make a switch WP8 devices. While I have to admit that Windows Phone 8 looks pretty neat, it’s not neat enough to convince me to ditch my Android device and go for handsets like Lumia series. Anyway, if you still love your Android handset yet are deadly curious about WP8, installing a custom theme might bring you a resolve.
There are quite a few Windows 8 theme for Android in Google Play you can chose to heal your curiosity. Beware, though, because there have been some reports telling that some of these themes are loaded with malware. To save you from the hassle, I’ve compiled a top 5 list of some of the best Windows 8 themes. They’re all free but has to be paired with either Go Launcher EX theme or Next Launcher 3D. Without further ado, here they are:
1. Windows 8 Metro Go Theme by S.W Design
- 15 wallpapers in diferent colors.
- 8 different icon base colors.
- 29 custom icons and more to come.
- All new elements and redesigned layout inspired in Metro UI.
2. Windows 8 Next Launcher Theme by Mr. Tornado
- Free for Next Launcher 3D
- 26 special icons, covers the main apps of the phone such as dial, SMS, email and so on
- 4 HD wallpapers of the topic
- Show you a integral theme, screen preview and dock are included
- New folder interface experience
- Special app drawer skin
3. Windows 8 GO Launcher Ex Theme by Mr.Tornado
- About 60+ fantastic icons, covers the main apps of the phone such as dial, SMS, email，facebook,twitter and so on
- Neon wallpaper of the topic
- Neon new folder interface experience
- Neon special app drawer skin
- Neon new menu icons interface
4. Windows 8 Theme Go by Escalicha
- Go theme Windows 8 for Smartphone!
- High resolution and fluidity to your mobile.
5. Go EX Theme Windows 8 by kRC2
- The Perfect Windows 8 Simulation Theme for Go Launcher EX.
- The Plada theme contains large library with customized icons!
To apply the theme, simply open the launcher settings page. From there you can select the theme you’ve just installed and let the magic happens. Note that all of the themes above mainly change the app icons and the app drawer skin. They will not deliver the exact functionality and navigating experience of the original Windows Phone 8. To get that, you will need to install an entire launcher which requires more tedious steps to adjust and will change your phone settings entirely. So far, I find Launcher 8 is the most downloaded one. Here are its main features:
- Add different size tiles;
- Add a variety of color tile;
- Save and restore the theme;
- Edit the start screen layout;
- Set the current background style;
- Switch the application list style
- Add Android widgets in the tiles;
- Set the wp8 style lock screen and status bar;
- Select more than one hundred kinds of theme colors;
- Add special features tiles,like time ,pictures and contact photo.
, Windows Phone 8 theme